All content within the PeopleCode category.
- Strategies to Integrate with PeopleSoft
- Best Practices with PeopleSoft Table Updates and Inserts
- REST HTTP DELETE Example
- REST HTTP Post Example
- How set HTTP Status codes in REST
- Find Component Interfaces with NO Menu Attached
- How to use the SetRestCache Method
- JSON Parsing Using PeopleTools JsonParser
- PsoftToXML Application Class - Convert PeopleSoft Object to XML
- REST Web Services - Generating and Working with Error Responses
- JSON Parsing using PeopleCode Classes Starting in PeopleTools 8.55.11
- PeopleCode Function To Validate Email
- Using Sign On PeopleCode to redirect Users to Specific pages
- A Complete PeopleSoft REST Web Service Example
- Renaming files using PeopleCode
- JSONtoXML Application Class - An Alternative Method to Parse JSON in Peoplecode
- Executing System Commands from PeopleCode and Getting STDOUT
- New 8.55 Feature - Assigning Application Class PeopleCode to Component Events
- An Example of using the CI Find Method
- Resolving "Highlighted fields are required (15,30)" Errors
- Page and Component Interface: A Warning
- Using Apache HttpClient from PeopleCode
- JSON Parsing Limitations in 8.53
- How to FULLSYNC tables between PeopleSoft databases
- Criteria to Use Component Interface
- HTTP Post to PeopleSoft Integration Broker using Python
- Application Classes and Global Variables are like Oil and Water
- Understanding the difference between SYNC and FULLSYNC integrations
- Linking Between PeopleSoft Components in HTML
- Running a PeopleSoft Query with Ruby over HTTP
- Some Options for Sending Emails in PeopleTools
- How to Cancel a Queued Process in PeopleCode
- PeopleTools Cache Clearing Guide
- PeopleCode Events that do not fire in Component Interface
- The PeopleTools Component Object Model
- Understanding PeopleCode Current Context functions
- SFTP Example using PeopleCode
- Removing MS Word Smart quotes in PeopleSoft Pages
- Create a PDF file in PeopleCode using the Query API
- The Importance of Having a Unit Test Page
- Creating an Effective Audit Subrecord
- File Attachment Storage Options
- Word Count in PeopleCode Using Regular Expressions
- The only Peoplecode events you should be using
- Using Record Objects to perform inserts and updates
- Effectively Customizing Online Pages with PeopleCode
- Explaining the PeopleCode @ operator
- Using SQLExec and Record Objects
- Running Dynamic SQL with SQLEXEC
- Stop Using Page Activate PeopleCode
- Avoid Global Variables with query string parameters
- Effectively Organizing your PeopleCode
- DataDumper Documentation
- Doing more with files with Java and PeopleCode
- Introduction to the DataDumper Logger
- Signon PeopleCode and 3rd party connections
- Using Record Objects as Parameters and Returns
- Accessing Related Fields in PeopleCode
- Copy Field values between different records
- Create Excel Files in SQR and PeopleCode
New book chapter on strategies to integration with PeopleSoft.
New book chapter on table update strategies in PeopleSoft.
A full REST Delete Example
A full REST Post Example
Example code and documentation on controlling the HTTP status codes in REST web services.
SQL audit to find problematic CI's for event mapping
Using REST Cache in PeopleSoft REST Web Services.
An example of using JSON parsing built into PeopleSoft starting in 8.55 with JsonParser.
PeopleCode Application Class that converts a Peoplesoft Object to XML for web services.
A look at sending error responses in PeopleSoft REST web services and some nuances with using them.
A newly discovered JSON parsing PeopleCode Class in 8.55.11
PeopleCode email REGEX Function
Some examples of how to redirect user to specific pages at login.
A complete example of providing a REST web service in PeopleSoft.
A simple code example to rename or move a file in PeopleCode.
A new custom solution to convert JSON to XML in PeopleSoft. It makes parsing JSON in PeopleCode easier.
Some PeopleCode examples to run operations system commands from PeopleCode and get the output.
A new 8.55 feature that may reduce the amount of custom PeopleCode.
An example looking at CS Course Catalog Component Interface to use the Component Interface Find Method.
A quick hack to resolve 15,30 error messages.
A warning about %page and Component Interface
Some code examples of using Apache httpClient from PeopleCode (bypassing Integration Broker)
A warning in 8.53 JSON parsing limitations.
This will show you how you can easily do a FULLSYNC of a table from one PeopleSoft database to another with mostly setup and a small amount of generic code.
What Criteria should lead to the use of CI?
An example python script that posts to the PeopleSoft Integration broker HTTP connector.
An example of the perils of using Global Variables in your Application Classes
An Explanation of the differences and limitations of FULLSYNC and SYNC PeopleSoft Service Operations.
How you can link between two PeopleSoft components using an "a" HTML tag.
Some ruby code showing how to extract data from PeopleSoft over HTTP.
Some options and thoughts on sending email from PeopleSoft/PeopleTools
Here is a sample PeopleCode snippet to cancel a process request.
Some guidelines on different types of PeopleSoft Cache.
A summary of the PeopleCode events that do not fire in Component Interface.
An overview of the PeopleSoft Component object model.
Understanding the PeopleCode current context functions: getrow(), getrowset(), and getfield()
A PeopleCode example of using sftp to transfer a file.
How to remove MS Word smart quotes that get turned into upside down question marks.
An example of how to create a PDF file using PeopleCode and the Query API.
An example of my simple Unit Test page that has saved me hours of development time.
An overview of an audit subrecord you should have on all your custom records.
Pros and cons of different storage options.
PeopleCode example to get word count using java regular expressions
Key Peoplecode events to use
Advantages of using Record Objects to do inserts
A few tips on how effectively customize a page with PeopleCode
Have you ever seen the PeopleCode @ operator and wondered when and why you would use it?
Here is a quick code snippet to show how to use SQLExec to pull data into a record object not using the key fields of the record.
How to run Dynamic SQL in PeopleCode
Read about the dangers of using Page Activate PeopleCode
Global variables are evil!
Some tips on how to organize your PeopleCode better.
Documentation for our datadumper application package.
Some code examples of using java within PeopleCode.
Introduction to the CHG_DataDumper Application Class used for logging.
A note about 3rd party CI connections and signon PeopleCode.
This article contains some discussion around using record objects and function parameters.
How to programmatically access related fields in PeopleCode.
Copy like named fields between two different records.
An open source project that creates Office XML files from SQR.