File Attachment Storage Options
By Chris Malek | Thu, Jan 12, 2012
When you are using the FileAttachment functionality in PeopleTools you have two options for storing the files. You can store them in the database or store them in an FTP site. Here are some of the items to consider.
File System: Pros
- Easy to backup
- Easy to manipulate outside of PeopleSoft by other systems
- Easy to virus scan
File System: Cons
- Security is administered outside of PeopleTools
- Additional Step for development refreshes
- You must change the URL so your DEV/TEST database does not delete production data
- One more step for disater recovery
- Easier Refreshes
- One security model: PeopleSoft security
- Increased database size
- No way to easily view files outside of PeopleSoft Application
- Harder to virus scan
My Verdict: Store the files in the database.
PeopleSoft Simple Web Services (SWS)
Do you need a quick way to create web services?
Introducing a small but powerful PeopleSoft bolt-on that makes web services very easy. If you have a SQL statement, you can turn that into a web service in PeopleSoft in a few minutes.
Integration Broker - The Missing Manual
I am in the process of writing a book called "Integration Broker - The Missing Manual" that you can read online.