All content within the Design category.
- SAML Authentication in PeopleSoft
- Should You Expose a Component Interface as a Web Service
- PeopleSoft FluidUI Resources
- Understanding Local Integration Broker Routings
- How to Bypass a PeopleSoft search record
- Should I Re-use An Existing Component Interface (CI) Definition Or Create A New One?
- Some Options for Sending Emails in PeopleTools
- Some Strengths And Weaknesses Of PeopleTools
- The Pros and Cons of PeopleSoft Bolt-ons versus Customization's
- Should I ever use the current date in SQL?
- Design Principles
- PeopleCode Events that do not fire in Component Interface
- Removing MS Word Smart quotes in PeopleSoft Pages
- The Importance of Having a Unit Test Page
- Creating an Effective Audit Subrecord
- File Attachment Storage Options
- Signs you should be using a Component Interface
- A Better Run Control Page Standard
- The only Peoplecode events you should be using
- Using Record Objects to perform inserts and updates
- Limitations of PeopleTools Component Interfaces and Web Services
- Stop Using Page Activate PeopleCode
- Avoid Global Variables with query string parameters
- Effectively Organizing your PeopleCode
- Making Pretty Page Text with HTML Areas
- Some Thoughts on Application Engine Temporary Tables
- Using Record Objects as Parameters and Returns
A summary of SAML authentication software for PeopleSoft PeopleSoft.
Should you expose a CI Definition as a web service?
Resources for Learning PeopleSoft Fluid UI.
A look into the who, what, when, where, why of local integration broker service operations.
Ways to bypass a PeopleSoft search record
Should you create a new CI definition if one already exists?
Some options and thoughts on sending email from PeopleSoft/PeopleTools
Some thoughts on what PeopleTools is good and bad at.
Some pros and cons for bolt-ons versus customization
If you are using the current date in SQL, you are probably setting yourself up for a disaster.
Some thoughts on effective design
A summary of the PeopleCode events that do not fire in Component Interface.
How to remove MS Word smart quotes that get turned into upside down question marks.
An example of my simple Unit Test page that has saved me hours of development time.
An overview of an audit subrecord you should have on all your custom records.
Pros and cons of different storage options.
Some indications of when you should be using CI.
A new run control record proposal
Key Peoplecode events to use
Advantages of using Record Objects to do inserts
We documented some limitations with Component Interface that are useful to publish.
Read about the dangers of using Page Activate PeopleCode
Global variables are evil!
Some tips on how to organize your PeopleCode better.
Do you want to give your users readable formatted messages and instructions?
Pros and cons of using temp tables.
This article contains some discussion around using record objects and function parameters.